Using Sparklers at your Wedding November 03 2015
Sparklers are lately gaining more popularity to be used at weddings because they are not only fun but also magical and unique, especially when utilized at night. Regardless of when and where you use them, the entry, the walk to the altar, the first dance or the exit, they will provide your wedding with a special touch and will be memorable for you and your guests. There are certain aspects you should take into account when including sparklers at your wedding ceremony.
- First of all, make sure to confirm the venue where your ceremony will be held on allows the use of sparkles either inside or outside. Due to state regulations, some venues prohibit the use of any type of fireworks, including sparklers and you do not want to get surprised the day of your wedding.
- Second, you must inform your guests that you plan to light sparklers at some point of your ceremony. It is important to let them know when you planned to use them so you avoid random sparklers being lit at a bad timing. Guest with sparklers are like kids with new toys, they cannot wait to use them! You can print instructions to use together with the sparklers or have someone in charge of explaining how and where they will be used.
- Third, it is important to advise everybody about the preventive measurements they must have when using sparklers. It is much better to take extra time to explain how to use them and what must not be done that having an accident.
- Fourth, provide a tool to light the sparkles such as lighters or matches. Ensure there are enough for all the invitees so when the time to light them comes, everyone is able to participate of the special event.
- Fifth, you have to designate a special place for the guests to safely turn off their sparklers. A great idea is to fill buckets with sand. Sand is usually cold so you will be sure they will for sure turn off.
- Finally, do not forget to let the photographer know in advance that you will use sparklers Wedding pictures that include lit sparklers are just breath taking. For that, the photographer must be aware so he brings all the necessary equipment and finds the best spot to get the greatest shots possible.
Follow these simple advices and your sparkler’s send off will be a complete success!
How to Avoid Sparkler Accidents at your Wedding July 19 2015
At first sight, sparklers may look like inoffensive little shiny sticks, and they actually are if you know how to use them properly; however, not being careful might cause a fatal accident at your happiest day. Don’t risk yourself and make sure you follow the below guidelines to use your sparklers safely.
- First of all, remember review the laws regarding fireworks in your state to avoid having any legal issues.
- When you buy your sparklers, they will come with an instruction pamphlet. Read it all and ensure you follow them.
- Will there be any kids at the wedding? Then, try to think on a creative way for them to participate but never let unsupervised children handle the sparklers by themselves, particularly if they are below 12 years old. An adult must always be present.
- If you have candles, any type of gas, fireworks, lamps, wish lanterns or any other flammable object, the burning sparklers are to be kept away from them. Also warn your guests to be careful with their clothing, especially if it has any lose thread that might catch fire.
- Try to think about fun ways to include the sparklers to your wedding keeping guests away from buildings or vehicles so you avoid any accidents. Therefore, it would be best if you use the sparklers outdoors!
- Never try to light more than one sparkler at a time. When you light a sparkler, it will burst a lot of sparks. Lighting a bunch at the same time will not only be scary but may also be unsafe.
- We know that there will probably be alcohol at your wedding; nevertheless, ask your invitees to try not to be under the influence of alcohol while lighting the wands. It may be hazardous.
- When lit, hold the wands horizontally or at least try to have the tip a bit low. Do not point or toss the sparklers to anybody; someone might get hurt.
- You can wave them and even light paint with them. But always keep the lit sparklers away from the eyes or the face.
- Have a bucket with water or sand available to place the sparklers once they burn out. This will give them time to cool. Afterwards, you may safely dispose them.
Follow all this simple pieces of advice and enjoy of an original and magical activity with your wedding sparklers. You will never forget it!