Ideas to use Monogram Sparklers October 04 2015
Sparklers are always a perfect option to give something extra to your wedding. Besides, they are cheap, nice and original even if they might seem simple and silly. There are so many ways in which you can include sparklers to your wedding, you just need to decide the moment and how you want guests to participate and become part of the joy.
Now, there are many different shapes of sparklers so you don’t have to limit yourself to the regular long wands. Now you can find shapes such as hearts, stars, wedding rings and others. There are also numbers and what we will be talking about today, letters!
Monogram sparklers are a great way to let your creativity do what it feels like. They are unique and you can come up with cool ideas and let your guests have fun with them during the send off. Let’s see a couple things you could do with them.
- You can write your name and your couple’s in the cake and light the sparklers when cutting the cake. It will be super original and the photos will look great!
- Buy only monogram sparklers with your initials and distribute them among your guests as you would usually do with regular sparklers. Let the guests light them at the moment you selected to do so.
- Have vases with different letters so guests can choose their initials and you can have them light them and take photos while lit. The great advantage is that monogram sparklers last longer than the regular ones.
- Distribute letters that form your names and have your guests line up spelling them. You can also choose a nice message and also have your guests spell it. Remember, it is important to make them line up so the message can be clearly read.
- Finally, you can write “just married” and place the sparklers in the car in which you will leave. Light them up for the pictures, we bet everyone will start copying your idea. Just make sure they are over before the car starts moving.
As you see, there are so many ways in which you can use your monogram sparklers at your wedding. You can use these or you could come up with your own. Just have fun!
How do Sparklers Work? September 26 2015
We already learned what sparklers are but not how they actually work. In this article, we will understand what exactly happens when you light a sparkler.
Sparklers are little devices that burn for up to a minute, producing lots of bright sparks. They are made of different compounds which include fuel, an oxidizer, iron powder and a binder. Now let’s understand every component.
The purpose of the metal powder is to provide the sparklers with its colored sparks. Each metal produces a different color. In our store, we use sparklers with Aluminum that produces white sparks.
The fuel is a combination of carbon and sulfur. The fuel and the oxidant are mixed with sugar or starch and water. Then a wire is immersed in this mixture, so it will become a sparkler when dries. The mixture can also be poured into a mold and create another type of sparklers. Since the oxidizer and fuel are uniformly mixed with binding and iron or steel, the sparkler burns slowly and evenly along its length.
Since sparklers contain so many different chemicals, please ensure you follow all the safety advice when using them. For instance, you must always ensure the sparkler is completely extinguished before you discard it. It is a great idea to have a container with water so you can place the burned sparklers to make sure none is going to accidentally start a fire. Also, make sure you keep an eye on any children manipulating a flare. Children must not use them by themselves so injuries are avoided.
Sparklers are a great ally to enlighten any celebration and now that you know what they contain and how they work, you can feel more comfortable when using them!
A Sparkly Wedding August 30 2015
One of the main factors in your wedding day, besides the importance of the moment when you’re your spouse to be finally promise to love each other forever, one in front of your loved ones, is also innovation.
As you may know, new trends point to create different ways of celebrating, which many times end up by getting away from traditional and classic dances such as the waltz. Couples are now more interested in throwing a party that is not only romantic and magic, but also that will be unforgettable and stay in everybody’s mouth for long.
Therefore, there is a great element that you could implement during the any moment of the ceremony. However, it will be especially fairylike if you are having a night ceremony.
Usually, fireworks are used during Christmas and New Year as celebratory elements to show how turning a light on in the middle of a ceremony represents the importance and happiness that the event brings to everyone’s life.
Then, why not using them at your wedding. It is a big celebration too after all. In addition, you will make your attendees active parts of one of the most important moments of your life.
Sparklers are a great addition to your wedding because they will give a more enchanting element. Also, you do not need to make a big investment to get them, but the outcome will be enriching. You may read our previous articles to get ideas on how to include them to your ceremony, when to use them and how to safely handle them.
The best part is that most likely you just need to distribute them and the guests will take care of the rest. Or, if you prefer, you may ask someone you trust to take the lead for it to be perfect.
How do you think you can use sparklers at your wedding? Let your imagination fly!
Let your Love Sparkle August 23 2015
Do you remember how happy you felt when lighting sparklers at Christmas or New Year? Imagine how cool that be at your wedding! It is really great when all guests light their flares at once while the couple goes through. Today, weddings are increasingly customized and couples look more and more special details to make their wedding unique and unforgettable. There are too many beautiful details at weddings but what never fails are sparklers.
Sometimes people tend to think that a lot of money is required to you have a cool, original and unique wedding. However, that’s a false idea. Little details are what make a wonderful atmosphere without leaving you broke. Sparklers may be used in different situations or at different moments to create a magical environment. You choose what works best for you!
To introduce this element to your wedding, what about looking for a nice corner to place the wands in a very nice sparkler holder. Of course, you must make sure you ask the venue if they accept using sparklers, though they should. Sparklers are harmless!
Here you can find glass sparklers vases which you could customize by engraving maximum three characters which could be your initials. You can personalize them more by adding a nice detail such as a ribbon or whatever you feel like adding to it to give it your own style. If you want to get the sparkler holders or sparkler signs, visit our store.
Don’t think about letting sparklers out of your wedding, for they gill make it magical and unforgettable; your guests will definitely have something to talk about.
DIY: Sparklers Kit for your Guests August 15 2015
What is the key to have a nice wedding? The answer is simple: the key lies in the details. They may be related to the organization details or design, but, no matter what, little things are always what show how much effort and love has been put into the organization of the wedding.
If you are preparing a DIY wedding, everything you do with your own hands, will contribute to bring a little extra emotion to both you and your guests. One of the best ideas for DIY weddings is to prepare gifts for your invitees, that’s why today we have a proposal: a sparklers kit for them! Once night falls, you could all light them and create a magical atmosphere.
What you will Need:
- Cardboard or craft paper (not too thin)
- Duplex Adhesive Tape
- Sparkler wands
- Any other material to customize your kit such as washi tape, stickers, a stamp with your names if you've used one for other wedding elements ... as you wish!
How to Make it:
The first step is to cut the cardboard. The size will vary according to length of the wands, but it would be approximately 2 inches less than the length of the sparklers and about 2.5 inches wide. The cardboard or craft paper should be a little rigid so when you insert the flares it doesn’t tear and it would look more stable.
Once you mark and cut the paper, make two small likes at the top and bottom where, later, you will put the wands in. Leave about 0.5 inches between the end of the cardboard and the line. Based on that line, cut the paper with scissors or a cutter. That way, you will be able to go through the card with the wands and hold them in place.
Now, leave the card apart and you will manufacture a small envelope for the matches. To do so, you just need to cut a peace of the leftover cardboard based on the length of the matches you will be using. If you are not sure, make it a little bit longer so you can then adjust it. Make sure you double the size of the matches plus a little extra for the closing tab. Place the matches inside and use duplex tape to paste them together with the other side of the card board or paper. Decorate the tab with a sticker or washi tape.
Once you have both ready, paste the matches’ envelope to the base cardboard you made earlier. Now you can customize it as you wish. Let your creativity flow!
How to Integrate Sparklers to your Wedding Setting July 12 2015
Night time weddings are all about romance; completing them with sparklers will enlighten and intensify all emotions! Sparklers are no longer fun accessories for Christmas; they have become allies to improve the atmosphere of any night wedding. Make sure you include them in your wedding and let their magic be part of your special day!
Unique and original lighting alternatives are becoming very trendy when it comes to weddings. While some couples prefer candles, chandeliers, or other types of lightning, more and more are opting to go with sparklers. Why? Because using sparklers will allow your guests to be part of your wedding as romance and illumination are the main characters in it. Besides, they do look great in your pictures, and who doesn’t love exceptional and memorable pictures?
You will find many options to include sparklers. Basically it will depend on your wedding’s theme and how or when you want to use them. For instance, you may ask your invitees to take a wand as soon as they enter the reception and ask them to draw a special figure later by using the light. You can also have someone hand the wands so the guests can light them while you are kissing or walking down the aisle.
Another great idea is to include the sparklers in your wedding cake. So, when the moment of cutting the cake comes, light them: the effect will be magical. Oh! Make sure your photographer is ready to take a lot of shots. A cake full of light is something you want to remember.
Now, if your plan is to get everybody’s attention, what you can do is, instead of having traditional centerpieces, use have jars and place the wands inside. Have someone in charge and, at the appropriate time, ask that person to light all the sparklers at once. You will definitely ‘wow’ your guests!
The most popular option is to having your wedding MC ask all guests to participate while you and your new spouse leave the reception. They can form two lines and --just before you two get close-- light up their wands to say good bye to the happy couple while the photographer catches all the light effects.
As you can see, sparklers can make your wedding unforgettable as long as you know how to use them. Feel free to use these ideas or come up with your own, and sparkle up your big day!
What to do if your Venue doesn't allow Sparklers September 12 2014
One of the downsides to wedding sparklers is that some venues won't allow their use because of coding and safety rules. What is a girl to do if she wants sparklers but the venue says no? Get a new venue!! Or if you can't or your venue is worth more to you than the sparklers, try these tactics for ensuring the use of sparklers at your wedding!
- When you are looking for a venue, focus on ones that have an outdoor portion to their location as these are more likely to allow sparklers outside.
- Before you book, read through their policies thoroughly before you put down any money.
- Negotiate. This is where you need to look for loop holes when that perfect venue is trying to squash your sparkler dreams. Perhaps they will allow sparklers in front of the venue or in the parking lot? Would it be so bad if your send off didn't light up till you hit the curb all the way to your car? Maybe you can pay a different deposit like taking out insurance on your venue spot.
- Be the Bridezilla...just a little bit. Typically, you are going to get better results with honey than a sting, but if that doesn't work, it doesn't hurt to be just a little bit pushy. Basically, don't take the first no for an answer, but also don't throw a tantrum a two year old would be proud of!
If it all falls through and there is no way to get your dream venue to budge, remember that there are other great ways to end your night! If you can't use wedding sparklers, try wedding poppers! These are easy to use, kid friendly, and designed to be safe indoor and outdoor, so you shouldn't have an issue with your venue banning it! Plus they make a bigger splash than bubbles and an easier clean up than rice!
Tips for Planning the Big Send Off August 26 2014
Photo: Ruffledblog.com Tuckahoe Plantation WeddingOne of the primary uses of sparklers in a wedding is to shower the newlyweds with light and shimmers as they head off from the reception to embark on their honeymoon...and the rest of their lives together! It really is a rather spectacular role to play, and sparklers really are a striking way to end the night.
So, how do you have the perfect sparkling sparkler send off go off without a hitch? Here are some tips!
- Gather Up Supplies: Make sure to have everything you need on hand so that there won't be any scrambling, awkward waiting, or accidents. Some suggested items: two+ buckets lightly filled with water along the bottom, four lighters, all the sparklers, and safety cups for kids.
- Know who is doing what: For the send off, it is a good idea to assign jobs. Have two to four people handing out sparklers, another to light them, one person to act as a go between for the couple and the guests, and two people to be in charge of the buckets with water to collect the sparklers. Now, of course people handing out sparklers can also be collecting them, but the point is to assign specific jobs.
- Fill in the Guests: Have someone gather the guests together where they can hear and announce to them any directions. This is good to do after the bride and groom have left, but before guests, overly-excited, start heading off in different directions to send off the new couple. This is when you would tell them where to stand, who they will be getting their sparklers from, where to dispose of them when they are done, where kids can get safety cups, or any special requests like holding the sparklers up to create an arch or to swirl them around.
- Tip Off the Photographer: Make sure your photographer knows in advance that you are doing a sparkler exit and all of the nitty-gritty details. This will give them the opportunity to set up the shot and make sure they capture the magic of that glittering moment.
- Enjoy the Limelight: You should take this to mean two things. First, don't worry about any problems that do arise. Just get changed and enjoy a few quiet moments with your new spouse. Everything will work out. Then, second, don't rush through it. If you run through the send off, chances are your photographer won't have too many good shots, and it will be over too soon. There is no need to go in slow motion, but take your time. Strike a pose. Kiss. Have fun! Your guest will love it, your photographer will have a lot to work with, and you will get to end the night in a shower of light, fun, and glam.