Using Sparklers at your Wedding November 03 2015
Sparklers are lately gaining more popularity to be used at weddings because they are not only fun but also magical and unique, especially when utilized at night. Regardless of when and where you use them, the entry, the walk to the altar, the first dance or the exit, they will provide your wedding with a special touch and will be memorable for you and your guests. There are certain aspects you should take into account when including sparklers at your wedding ceremony.
- First of all, make sure to confirm the venue where your ceremony will be held on allows the use of sparkles either inside or outside. Due to state regulations, some venues prohibit the use of any type of fireworks, including sparklers and you do not want to get surprised the day of your wedding.
- Second, you must inform your guests that you plan to light sparklers at some point of your ceremony. It is important to let them know when you planned to use them so you avoid random sparklers being lit at a bad timing. Guest with sparklers are like kids with new toys, they cannot wait to use them! You can print instructions to use together with the sparklers or have someone in charge of explaining how and where they will be used.
- Third, it is important to advise everybody about the preventive measurements they must have when using sparklers. It is much better to take extra time to explain how to use them and what must not be done that having an accident.
- Fourth, provide a tool to light the sparkles such as lighters or matches. Ensure there are enough for all the invitees so when the time to light them comes, everyone is able to participate of the special event.
- Fifth, you have to designate a special place for the guests to safely turn off their sparklers. A great idea is to fill buckets with sand. Sand is usually cold so you will be sure they will for sure turn off.
- Finally, do not forget to let the photographer know in advance that you will use sparklers Wedding pictures that include lit sparklers are just breath taking. For that, the photographer must be aware so he brings all the necessary equipment and finds the best spot to get the greatest shots possible.
Follow these simple advices and your sparkler’s send off will be a complete success!
Sparkler Signs October 25 2015
If you are planning to use sparklers at your wedding, you may be confused on how to display them or how to let guests when they should be lit. Fortunately, we have a collection of different signs to help you organize your sparkler send off and cross out one worry from your to-do list. Let’s see them.
A Sparkling Exit Sparkler Sign – Personalized
This is a very elegant and unique sparkler sign which you can customize to match your wedding needs. It is made of a very fine and transparent acrylic which gives it a romantic and chic look. You can choose the color of the text between white, gold or silver. In addition, you are able to personalize the text on the bottom to include whatever information you want! This is a beautiful sign to make your special day memorable.
Let Love Sparkle Sparkler Sign – Personalized
This is such a romantic sparkler sign. It is also made of a very fine acrylic which makes it perfect to place wherever you want. Its text is just appropriate for the occasion and it also has the option to personalize the bottom text so you can include your names or the wedding date. Choose between white, gold or silver text to match your wedding’s color theme.
See Sparks Fly Sparkler Send Off Sign
If you want to accent your wedding sparkler display and impress invited guests, you better try our unique sparkler send off sign, we assure you will preserve your glowing memories forever. This sign is manufactured with high quality acrylic and its message helps improve the expectation among your guests. You may personalize the text to make it white, gold or silver.
Sparkler Send Off Sign – Personalized
If you are looking for a way to let your guests know when exactly the send off will take place, this is the perfect sparkler for you. It will help you coordinate the sparkler send off to make your wedding celebration easier. It can be personalized with gold, white or silver text.
Dancing with the Sparklers August 09 2015
Have you ever used sparklers? Those fireworks that with a very brilliant light that resembles a magic wand of a fairy. Sparklers are usually used during New Year’s Eve and to receive the New Year in a sparkly way. However, they have been becoming very popular in other holidays and celebrations. Weddings are not an exception. They are inexpensive but give a touch of magic to any wedding ceremony.
What happens when a couple decides to include sparklers in their wedding, is that they have a hard time choosing the right moment to light them up. At the beginning, during the ceremony, at the exit, during the kiss. Whichever you choose, it will be unforgettable: Exiting the room through an aisle made of golden lights, entering a room only lit by the guest’s hands or opening the first dance under the romantic light of sparklers. There are plenty of possibilities, you just need to thing which will make you happier.
In case you choose the last option—opening the first dance under the light of sparklers—you will find some ideas to make that special dance, a memorable moment. Why is it a good idea to use sparklers for the first dance?
- You will avoid the hassle of handing the wands when the invitees enter the venue.
- The final output will be spectacular. Dancing under the shiny light of those magic wands.
- You will make your guests be active participants of an important moment of your life. The first dance you will ever have as a married couple.
Now, you may be wondering how to organize it. It is actually very simple. The best you can do is to make tags that read “Light me during the first dance” and put them on each table together with the sparklers and matches. One of each per invitee and place as many wands, matches and tags as guests you have on each table. In that way, everyone will know how exactly the sparklers must be lit.
Dancing uniquely under the light of the sparks while the guests move them following the rhythm of the music, is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. It is easy to organize and it will be not only magical but a moment that will be captured by your photographer for history.
Enlighten your Special Day: Wedding Sparklers August 02 2015
Lately, weddings are not only formalities, but they are also—as they should have always been—a celebration of a couple’s love as well as a way for the bride and groom to share their love with their loved and special ones.
Therefore, if you are getting married soon, you might be looking for wedding details that set you wedding apart from others. What better that finding a special feature that you can share with all the guests? That will definitely turn your wedding into an unforgettable one.
An idea that is becoming really popular, is to illuminate an important moment of the ceremony, or many, as you wish. When? Well, it is really your choice but nice ideas are to do it at the exit of the bride and groom, the toast time or at the opening of the first dance.
What to use? Wedding sparklers are your best shot. They are good, pretty and most importantly, cheap. Even if it may seem simple or childish, it might have a spectacular output without too much effort. Besides, it is a nice trait to make your invitees feel more involved into the celebration. You may turn them in individually, using a wedding sparkler sendoff sign or personalized vases.
How? You and your spouse could be the first ones to light them up and then the rest of the guests will add up until you see a collective of flares bursting magical light! It will be perfect and memorable.
Don’t forget to consider if your venue allows the sparklers and to analyze the conditions where your ceremony will be held. In any case, always keep in mind other alternatives such as using the flares for the cake or to have an outstanding photo session, especially if your wedding is at night!
What do you think about using sparklers to enlighten your wedding?
Sparkle up your 15th Birthday Party! July 26 2015
Have you ever thought of having light, sparks and shine at your Quinceañera birthday party? What about using sparklers to shine your entrance and make you feel the excitement of your birthday party as you always wanted and imagined.
If you are really into this idea, there are some things you should keep in mind and consider if you choose to use sparklers at your 15th birthday party:
First of all, you must make sure the location you chose for your party allows fireworks. Even if sparklers are really safe, some states include them as a type of fireworks; therefore, you must ensure your state and your venue allow them.
When deciding where to use the sparklers, try to make sure you do it outdoors. Sparklers are smokeless and not dangerous if you use them carefully; however, they should only be used outdoors to prevent.
You should be aware of any flammable material around so you may keep your invitees away from it and safe to avoid any unexpected situation or accident.
Review all the safety rules you must abide to when using sparklers. It is really important to get informed so your party offers a safe show
Once you are sure you have all the safety topics covered, you may decide how you want to include sparklers in your party. The most popular way to use them is during your entrance. Imagine yourself walking in a road made of shiny sparks. You will look super glamourous and the pictures will be awesome!
Another very nice idea is to substitute the cake candles with sparklers shaped in the 1 and 5 numbers. Just close your eyes and visualize your cake glowing while you have a beautiful and blazing smile in your face. Perfect match isn’t it?
Regardless of how you decide to include sparklers at your Quinceañera party, you will for sure make a great impression.
How to Avoid Sparkler Accidents at your Wedding July 19 2015
At first sight, sparklers may look like inoffensive little shiny sticks, and they actually are if you know how to use them properly; however, not being careful might cause a fatal accident at your happiest day. Don’t risk yourself and make sure you follow the below guidelines to use your sparklers safely.
- First of all, remember review the laws regarding fireworks in your state to avoid having any legal issues.
- When you buy your sparklers, they will come with an instruction pamphlet. Read it all and ensure you follow them.
- Will there be any kids at the wedding? Then, try to think on a creative way for them to participate but never let unsupervised children handle the sparklers by themselves, particularly if they are below 12 years old. An adult must always be present.
- If you have candles, any type of gas, fireworks, lamps, wish lanterns or any other flammable object, the burning sparklers are to be kept away from them. Also warn your guests to be careful with their clothing, especially if it has any lose thread that might catch fire.
- Try to think about fun ways to include the sparklers to your wedding keeping guests away from buildings or vehicles so you avoid any accidents. Therefore, it would be best if you use the sparklers outdoors!
- Never try to light more than one sparkler at a time. When you light a sparkler, it will burst a lot of sparks. Lighting a bunch at the same time will not only be scary but may also be unsafe.
- We know that there will probably be alcohol at your wedding; nevertheless, ask your invitees to try not to be under the influence of alcohol while lighting the wands. It may be hazardous.
- When lit, hold the wands horizontally or at least try to have the tip a bit low. Do not point or toss the sparklers to anybody; someone might get hurt.
- You can wave them and even light paint with them. But always keep the lit sparklers away from the eyes or the face.
- Have a bucket with water or sand available to place the sparklers once they burn out. This will give them time to cool. Afterwards, you may safely dispose them.
Follow all this simple pieces of advice and enjoy of an original and magical activity with your wedding sparklers. You will never forget it!
Tips for Planning the Big Send Off August 26 2014
Photo: Ruffledblog.com Tuckahoe Plantation WeddingOne of the primary uses of sparklers in a wedding is to shower the newlyweds with light and shimmers as they head off from the reception to embark on their honeymoon...and the rest of their lives together! It really is a rather spectacular role to play, and sparklers really are a striking way to end the night.
So, how do you have the perfect sparkling sparkler send off go off without a hitch? Here are some tips!
- Gather Up Supplies: Make sure to have everything you need on hand so that there won't be any scrambling, awkward waiting, or accidents. Some suggested items: two+ buckets lightly filled with water along the bottom, four lighters, all the sparklers, and safety cups for kids.
- Know who is doing what: For the send off, it is a good idea to assign jobs. Have two to four people handing out sparklers, another to light them, one person to act as a go between for the couple and the guests, and two people to be in charge of the buckets with water to collect the sparklers. Now, of course people handing out sparklers can also be collecting them, but the point is to assign specific jobs.
- Fill in the Guests: Have someone gather the guests together where they can hear and announce to them any directions. This is good to do after the bride and groom have left, but before guests, overly-excited, start heading off in different directions to send off the new couple. This is when you would tell them where to stand, who they will be getting their sparklers from, where to dispose of them when they are done, where kids can get safety cups, or any special requests like holding the sparklers up to create an arch or to swirl them around.
- Tip Off the Photographer: Make sure your photographer knows in advance that you are doing a sparkler exit and all of the nitty-gritty details. This will give them the opportunity to set up the shot and make sure they capture the magic of that glittering moment.
- Enjoy the Limelight: You should take this to mean two things. First, don't worry about any problems that do arise. Just get changed and enjoy a few quiet moments with your new spouse. Everything will work out. Then, second, don't rush through it. If you run through the send off, chances are your photographer won't have too many good shots, and it will be over too soon. There is no need to go in slow motion, but take your time. Strike a pose. Kiss. Have fun! Your guest will love it, your photographer will have a lot to work with, and you will get to end the night in a shower of light, fun, and glam.
Heart Sparklers: What makes them so special? July 19 2014
For most people, the only sparklers they know of are the traditional long stem sparkler, but if you are using sparklers in your wedding or even at a birthday party, you will be happy to find that sparklers really do come in all shapes and sizes. The heart shaped sparkler is a wedding sparkler favorite. Why?
For one, when they are displayed at the reception, before the send off, it adds to the decorum. These sweetheart sparklers are great for creating an atmosphere of love and romance without them even being lit! It is the difference between a bundle of long gray sticks in a cute decorative vase and a bouquet of hearts just waiting to sparkle
The second reason why we love the hear shape sparkler: When they are lit, it takes your breath away. How to light a heart shape sparkler has a couple of different options. You can do a single light at the base, one on the apex of each curve, at the base and and the meeting point of the curve, or a single spot on one of the curves of the heart. The more spots you alight, you can expect it to burn out faster, but when the whole thing lights up, you will get the most beautiful sparkle ever. And yes, it will look like a heart.
Kids and Sparklers at Your Wedding June 30 2014
Sparklers are pretty. Sparklers at weddings are pretty cool. Kids are pretty cute. Kids at weddings are pretty fun. Kids and sparklers at weddings need some precautions.
Basically, what you don't want happening is a kid poking their eye out, burning their finger, their clothes, the table clothes, or your wedding dress.
- Don't let kids under the age of 8 handle their own sparkler.
- When handing out sparklers for the send off, give all the sparklers to the parents to give to their kids in order to decrease the amount of eager running around to get a sparkler.
- Have a specific plan for putting out the sparklers or throwing away the used (hot!) sparklers - ie. bucket of water, specific people to give the sparklers to, etc.
- For younger children - maybe even 10 and under - have "sparkler shields" ready. These can be cute decorated cups to go with your wedding, or just the typical red cup with a hole in the end. It is a quick and simple solution to hurt fingertips and runaway sparks.
It is easy to have accidents within large groups of people, kids running around, and hot pokey things. Just take a few steps to keep things safe and organized, and you won't need to worry. Additional to the safety tips, you may want to put someone in charge of the send off to make an announcement of the plan for the sparklers and any rules you want laid out. For example, if it is important not to get any black marks on your venue's flooring, make it clear that used and lit sparklers are not to be thrown on the floor and are to be put in such'n'such container/bucket/sizzle out station.
Safety first equals a worry free and spectacular exit.
Let Love Sparkle - Sparkler Display Signs June 23 2014
If sparklers are going to be a part of your wedding send off, then you are going to want to give your guests the tip off. Send off schedule signs are a great way of letting your guests know when to expect the celebrating to come to an end. This is helpful because it allows guests to plan when to leave without missing out on the sparkling send off fun. It is always a shame when a guest realizes that if they had stayed 15 minutes longer, they wouldn't have missed the sparkler send off.
When using sparklers, it is particularly useful to include a sign because then the sparklers become a part of the aesthetic and style of the wedding, rather than just the ending show. This can also be done more effectively by displaying your sparklers with the sign. Regardless, a sparkler send off sign can be a wonderful addition to your reception decorations.
A Couple of Choices
When deciding on you sign decor, you have quite a few options, starting with deciding if you are going to make you sign or buy one. Making you sign can be a lot of fun and doesn't have to be complicated. It can be as simple as using a chalkboard and having someone with good hand writing or artistic savvy write a saying and the time of the send off. Typically, the wording of these signs will say something like, " Send them off with a Sparkle - Sparkler Send off at TIME".
Or if you would like to buy an already made sign, you options become even bigger as you gain access to craftsmanship that you usually wouldn't have. For example, The Wedding Sparkler Store has a beautiful selection of etched acrylic (looks like glass) sparkler display signs. They are completely customizable to suite your needs and can include sayings like "Let Sparks Fly" and " Let Love Sparkle". It is like having the DIY without the work and with the added pizzazz.